Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Ok, my kids think I am a slave driver. Saturday after our last soccer games B and I decided we would all go work in the yard. I made them pull weed and get the yard ready for that blasted winter. I helped for a little while and then thought, I am just going to supervise. I have that right, don't I? Isn't that why we have kids? To do all the work....just kidding. They worked hard, but after a while they started to complain. What? Complain! Not on my shift. We were almost finished(well they were) and Iz said no, I am done. So we tried talking, but she was not having it. So, I had to say the g word. Grounded!!!! She was still not convinced. So, it was final. She was grounded for a week. When it finally sinked in, she laid on the floor and cried for an hour. I kid you not. Later I realized the kids were out of school thursday and friday this week. Oh no! I cannot have her home with no school. That is more punishment for me. So, everyday I have been giving her chores to do to earn days off. It is working great and hopefully she has learned her lesson. But, I will not hold my breathe.
Complaining about to start.




I love dirt!!
R spent most of his time catching these.....for the lizard.

No comments: