Happy birthday to me.....
You know you are getting old when you buy yourself reading glasses for your b-day.
Lately, I have been getting headaches and not seeing things very clearly. Especially when I am reading. So, the other night my friends took me out to dinner and I was complaining about not being able to see the menu. My friend offered me her reading glasses and BAM, I could see.
Then I broke down and cried.
I am old!
So on my birthday, the highlight was going to Walmart and purchasing grannie glasses.
Of course, not knowing what kind to get I picked up some that were too strong.
Wore them and then had a sick headache, like I had been on a roller coaster ride, the rest of the night.
I hate getting old.
I hate getting old.
I hate getting old.
Now my kids laugh at me.
Last year in the thirties, I better live it up.
But, of course before 10:30 at night.
I need my sleep.
Yes, again...
I feel old.
And thank you to all of you that made my big day great. You know who you are and it means a lot.
Thanks
7 comments:
Oh my goodness! I have been wondering the same thing about my eyes, but I'm refusing to believe it and hoping it is just a hormonal pregnancy thing. If not, I may be joining the granny-glasses club with you! Seriously, and I think I'm younger than you, so don't feel bad!
not old chic! I love the new glasses and I will have you know that at forever 21 they sell fake eye glasses to have that studious look.
Happy BIrthday by the way. Life it up. I missed seeing you the other day too. Hope Bryan has something special planned for his cute wife.
xoxoxo
lol. Your not OLD!!! Happy Happy Birthday! I wish I could have been there to make you a granny cake! lol. I like the glasses. Very cute.
Miss you!
Erin
too, too funny, tracie!! and i can laugh because i am in the exact same boat. i have been trying to ignore it, but maybe it's time to break down and buy me a pair of them grannie-glasses.....scary!!!
You definitely aren't old and you certainly don't act like it. That's all that matters!
Happy LATE birthday! I LOVE the glasses. I happen to have a pair myself. I've always had PERFECT vision so it's weird. I went to the doctor when I turned 35 and the nurse asked about my vision. I said it was fine and couldn't figure out why she asked. She said that I would soon start noticing a change. She was right and I have been glad she warned me! The odd thing is that when my hormones change throughout the month, I can tell because my vision gets blurrier. SUCKS!
You are NOT old! I love your glasses, be glad you only have to wear them when you read. =) As you can see...I wear mine all the time!
Post a Comment