Friday, May 7, 2010

Welcome Ruby Jane......


If you were wondering if we got a new dog,
the answer is yes.
Long story, but I will try to sum it up for you.
My daughter, you know the one who is obsessed with animals,
wanted to go to the pet store (no surprise there).
Going to the pet store for my daughter is like me going into a camera store.....Yippee!!!
Anywho, we were going to get crickets for our bearded dragon and there she was.....
Just sitting there quiet as can be, while all the other dogs where going crazy.
That is a good sign when looking for a dog.
We asked about her and they said she had all her shots and had been there for four months.
All the employees were in love with her and almost cried when we took her home.
Another good sign.

Well, my daughter went crazy.
She has been saving up her money and told me all she wants to spend it on is animals.
Recently, she has been asking for a guinea pig.
Big no!
I refused. Ducks are one thing but, stinky guinea pigs. No way.

So, she wanted to buy this dog and to tell you the truth I really wanted her to buy it too.
Yes, I do love dogs.
After school we told her she could buy the dog and we went down to the pet store.
But, little did she know that my husband went down earlier and put a hold on her.
He told the employees to put sold on the window.
When we got there she ran to the dog and saw the sold sign.
She was a little worried and we asked, pretending to not know, who bought the dog.
She started to cry and we told her she could hold her one last time.
I know we are so mean.
My husband then said, Do you know who bought it?
Who? she said.
You did!
She got a huge smile on her face and gave Ruby a big hug.

We made her sign a contract that she is to walk both dogs and take good care of them.
And that she can not ask for another animal until she is 35 years old.

We love our newest addition.

6 comments:

Missy said...

Great story...but you are mean! How sad that she thought for a second she was sold. But I probably would've done it too.
Cute dog! That's my kind of dog...one that doesn't bark. :)

KAIT LINDLEY said...

Sister Ruffner,
I super jealous of your dog! SHE IS SO CUTE! I love to come see all of your pictures on your blog, you are a great photographer...

Mel said...

What a cute story and what a cute dog--those eyes! I must say it, Tracie, I think you a big sucker for animals! That's awesome. Welcome Ruby.

Michelle said...

awwww what a cute little puppy! and i love that name....so sweet.

Erin said...

lol. I love the trick. Can't do anything without a trick! :)

Kim M. said...

Sweet story. And what a great idea to have her sign a contract.