Thursday, March 31, 2011

Market place.....

The day we left Nicaragua we stopped by a market place in a town called Messia. It made me very thankful for Walmart. It had everything from raw meat hanging, including organs and pig heads. Yes, I almost stepped on a pigs ear. You would go around the corner to find a hair salon, shoes and shoe cobbler,clothes, toys and food. It was crazy! I can't even describe the smell. I was trying not to make a face. The minute we pulled up we were approached by someone wanting to be our guide. We told them we already had someone but they did not listen. They asked what we were looking for and then took us to different spots trying to sell us everything. Of course, they wanted us to tip them. After we were done my husband gave him a tip, but I guess it was not enough. He then complained he needed new shoes. We looked at his shoes and he had nicer ones than my husband. When we did not give him more money he got a little upset. Yep, it was time to leave. What a crazy experience.  Also, in the video my husband makes a little boy cry. He probably has never seen a giant before. I think my husband looks like a giant in this video.
Bear with the video. It was a little hard to record.


Messia from tracie on Vimeo.

3 comments:

MyKel said...

He does look like a giant! and for the record I could never shop there. But maybe it is beacuse I can't even to begin to think how to cook a pig head.

Mackenzie said...

hi tracie! i actually used my 50 1.4 for my entire first birth story. since then i have used my 24-70 a lot too though! it's nice to have a few wide shots of the room etc. but you will be just fine with a 50! especially if you're shooting full frame. you could always rent another lens too if you're worried about it though!

Missy said...

Oh wow. That's crazy! I don't even want to think about the smell!