Monday, June 13, 2011

Triathlon....

Get ready for picture overload. 
The much anticipated race has come and gone. My hubby, his younger brother and his brother in law had been training for the RACE for some time now. This was my husband's first triathlon. I asked him after if he would rather do a triathlon or a marathon....Without hesitation he said a marathon. (He has done two.) 
Go ahead and check out my buff hubby. It's ok, but just this once. I am pretty proud of him. Can you tell? 



 All smiles before the swim....



Not many smiles after the swim.







It was a beautiful morning. Couldn't of been better!
Yes, I am missing a child. She was babysitting.




My niece enjoying her snack right after running out in front of a biker. Scary!


When I took this picture I didn't even notice what was going on over in the corner.
Potty break.


I think when he passed I heard him say....this sucks.




Waiting anxiously.



And to our surprise it was my husband coming in before his brother.....Let me explain. His younger bro was ahead of him in the swim and bike, so we were just expecting to see him first. But, noooo. My hubby beats his brother (I knew he would all along) In your face little brother....just kidding. Kind of.



The look of disappointment.
(In your face again)


We often like to pose in front of garbage cans.



Brother in law giving the thumbs up. Two thumbs up, that is.


What is that on your arm? Yes, it is bird poop. A bird pooped on him during the race.

4 comments:

Denise said...

I don't know where to start, with the bird poop, the garbage can shots, the potty break in the background, or the heartfelt "This sucks" (which would be my personal mantra were I to do a tri, which I won't).

I love this whole post! But don't worry, I read it with my hand covering all the buffness on the screen. ;-)

Helen Macfarlane said...

Impressive! What a cool thing to do with "the guys." Glad I'm not one of them! ;-)

Missy said...

Wow! He's still got it! What an accomplishment. Love all the pics. You sure got some good ones with a potty break and all!

Unknown said...

omg! wow.
1. you are super funny lol
2. congrats to the guys in finishing that torture of a race! they did it!